Please click hereto check the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office’s website to see if you or a family member have an outstanding Traffic Bench Warrant. The following information will assist you in clearing your warrant if your name is on the website:
1. Warrants CANNOT be resolved online or over the phone. You or your representative must come to the Traffic Office, located on the second floor of the Courthouse.
2. If the ticket is the result of an accident, you must bring a letter from your insurance company to state that insurance was in place at the time of the accident.
3. If you cannot provide such a letter from your insurance company, you will need to come to court. Please go to our Traffic Office for your new assignment.
4. You must pay all fines, fees and court costs. See the 19th JDC Traffic web page to calculate the amount you owe.
5. You may ask for an extension of time in which to pay, but no more than two extensions will be granted.
6. If you wish to contest the ticket or dispute the warrant you must come to the Traffic Office with a valid ID. At that time, the warrant will be recalled and you will be assigned a new court date.